The ICT Journal and ALP ICT have released their 2011 study on employment within the IT industry sector in Western Switzerland. IBM, HP and SITA stand at the top of the list as multinationals. blue-infinity is ranked 4th, but is the largest independent local employer. Read the full article, written by Rodolphe Koller, that provides very interesting statistics on the evolution of the industry, including lack of IT resource, outsourcing strategies, mobile technologies, cloud computing and the economic climate.
A few facts that you will not find in the article which have fuelled blue-infinitys growth:
- Ability to provide fully managed services in the areas of support, infrastructure and large-scale migrations
- One of the largest Microsoft and J2EE development teams in the regions, delivering both custom and packaged solutions for enterprise
- A team of ERP experts to complete teams on the ground
- Cost-effective Open Source solutions for collaboration and e-commerce
- Focus on Information Architecture, Usability and User Interface Design for enterprise applications
- Focus on mobile technologies for consumer and enterprise applications
- A digital marketing agency to optimize brand visibility, convert customers and manage reputation
- An internal PMO, with solid methodologies and tools
- Continuous training and certification of our teams
- Partnerships with leading software providers
- A flexible, creative and fun work environment, focused on the employee
- Realising that we need to improve every day
And most importantly, we could not do it without our talented and hard working teams, and our clients who give us the opportunity to work on great projects!