Hello from Serbia! Our leading Czech Marketing Cloud team is sending their greetings from Belgrade! Don't forget to keep warm ;) #CultureofMany
We are blue-infinity linked by Isobar, an international digital consulting company developing and implementing IT solutions like CRM, marketing automation, e-commerce solutions and digital tracking and analytics solutions. We are working for iconic brands from various industries like FMCG, Retail & Business, Luxury goods, Banking, Insurance Finance, Pharma, and Telco. We are headquartered in Switzerland with offices in the Czech Republic, Portugal and Germany and more than 700 digital experts.
To support our growth, we have established a new digital Center of Excellence in Prague and Brno in 2017 with more than 60 specialists to date. Our digital expertise is backed by robust systems and platforms and is underpinned by the power and scale of Dentsu Aegis Network, through 57,000 experts in 145 countries who innovate the way brands are built.
Our mission to help brands and businesses embrace the full potential of digital through the unique combination of strategy, marketing, creative and technology. Our strategic partnerships with major international software companies is a result of the quality of work we provide to our clients, enabling blue-infinity to keep ahead of technology trends and provide continuous training to our experts.
- Previous commercial experience (at minimum 1 year) with OOP language like Java, C#, Python, PHP etc.
- Enthusiasm and passion for new technologies and Cloud solutions with a positive attitude and is not afraid to talk to the clients directly.
- Communicate knowledge of English – we are an international team and despite we like the diversity, we need to have a common language.
Nice to have:
- A big plus is a knowledge or experience how to use Code Version Systems (SVN, GIT...).
- Prior experience with other CRM solutions like MS Dynamics, Siebel, Veeva etc.
What you will do:
- You will become a part of the team focusing on Salesforce solutions and custom implementations - mainly in the area of customer service, sales, marketing and e-commerce for all sizes and industries of companies from all around the world.
- You will bring fresh new ideas and passion to the work we do for our clients.
- You will be developing customized solutions on the Salesforce platform, integrations with 3rd party platforms and other custom applications.
- You will be preparing automated tests and transform technical requirements into reality.
- You will be liaising with clients, consultants and other team members, so you will have the real impact on the project and customer solution.
Why you should work with us?!
- We are cooperating with an all types and sizes of clients from all around the world which allows us to provide a very diverse portfolio of projects to choose from to our people.
- You will be part of a startup-minded branch of a company with a very strong and stable background of the Swiss headquarters.
- Your contributions will have a distinct impact on our clients.
More than that we offer you very nice benefits:
- Brand new offices in Prague and Brno located in the city centers with great accessibility!
- Laptop and international tariff even for your private use.
- Cafeteria of benefits to choose from – life insurance, pension insurance, Ticket benefits, Multisport card and more are coming.
- We value self-education and learning new technologies, so we support all our team members in obtaining new certifications, attending learning tutorials and conferences etc.
- Flexible working hours and home-office.
- Regular company events – regular breakfasts, team building events in CZ and abroad.
- Relocation support for candidates outside of Czech Republic.
Join our team of digital addicts
blue-infinity employees put every ounce of their passion into creating solutions that make our clients proud. We’re all about building something meaningful that will last. We approach our work with thought and care and we want to work with people who do the same. Are you ready to push the boundaries of digital change?