Mario Ballario heads our Switzerland Front End Dev team and he was happy to share knowledge of our Web Accessibility solutions with a keen audience as part of our b-i Masterclass series. #DigitalAddicts What is Accessibility? http://ow.ly/EiWH30cTlaE
Digital transformation in the workplace is key to changing business. Our infrastructure, systems and support experts shoulder the responsibility of making the transition a smooth one. Are you excited about the ultra-connected workplace? Cloud? Bi-modal IT? Do you want to be part of the digital revolution in the workplace? Then you’ll be right at home working with our diverse teams who are helping our clients through this change.
- Provide support services to users within Microsoft environment (Windows 7 and 10)
- Support on workstations & mobile
- Optimize the service quality following the best practices defined with our clients
- Be a point of contact for the users and solve their problems when needed
- Software environment: Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office
- Degree in informatics, Microsoft Windows 7/10, Cisco or ITIL certifications are a plus
- A significant technical support experience at 2nd level support position.
- Experience working in factory/laboratory environment is a plus
- Proficient with Windows 7 & 10
- An excellent knowledge of Microsoft environments and related business applications
- Open for on-call duty when necessary
- Driving licence is a plus
- Flexible (working on distant sites)
- Working in shifts from 7:30 (earliest) -> 19:00 (latest)
- Fluent English
- Very good French
- An interesting package
- Strong possibility for career evolution with different training, certifications & mentoring
- Enjoyable, flexible work environment
Join our team of digital addicts
blue-infinity employees put every ounce of their passion into creating solutions that make our clients proud. We’re all about building something meaningful that will last. We approach our work with thought and care and we want to work with people who do the same. Are you ready to push the boundaries of digital change?